Egyptian Tomb

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Introduction: The Passion of My Heart

I wish to introduce myself to the blog world and also to illustrate why I started this blog. My name is Nicole Bittle and I have had a long running passion for archaeology and the ancient cultures in our history. Since I was five years old I have long desired to be an archaeologist. I must say that the Indiana Jones movies had quite an impact on me. While growing up in my free time I read about the ancient civilizations, and I grew to have a special passion for Egypt’s history.
Egypt’s history, culture, and architecture have always fascinated and enthralled me. There’s not one thing in particular that interests me about Egypt, for all the things within its history captivates me. The people and how they lived, dressed, and worked. The language, and its artistic style. The beautiful architecture and the construction of some of the greatest buildings ever assembled. All these things and more about the history of Egypt I’ve studied and still have more to study on. Even though Egypt has been the main topic of study for me I have not left off studying other cultures and civilizations; such as Greece, Babylonia, Assyria, and Israel.
I am a believer that the Bible is indeed an accurate historical record, and should not be seen as your typical bed-time story. When I came across the Joseph story and the Exodus I became twice intrigued because of Egypt’s connection with the Israelites. This is when I realized that the Bible holds many historical facts, but I found that many of the events don’t have archaeological support. Which is why many scholars today claim that both of these, and many other, events in the Bible are fictitious. Because many Biblical Archaeologist today are naturalist in their thinking I aspire to gain an education to have degrees in Biblical Archaeology, so that I can prove the Bible to be a history book and not a story book; as some might think.
Right now I am a student at the College at Southeastern, which is the college division of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. I am toward the end of my Bachelor’s Degree in History and am planning on get either another BA or an AA in science at, if plans work out, The University of North Carolina Greensboro. From there I plan to continue my education until I eventually get my Doctorate in Archaeology. When this occurs I will dedicate myself to proving that the Bible possesses historicity in the events it records, and in doing so make a case for the existence of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment